Sunday, November 8, 2009

Jennifer Hudson Happ:Two months after welcoming her son David

Two months after welcoming her son David


London (ANI): Actress Jennifer Hudson has said that she still feels her mother's presence, who was killed in a shootout last year. The ‘Dreamgirls’ star insisted that her mom Darnell was like a guardian angel guiding her.

On being asked if she felt her mother’s presence, she replied: "Oh my God, yeah. Definitely. Wherever. “Every day I'm like, ''Wow! I didn't realise I was so like my mother until now'', you know? She was the strongest person, woman, I've ever seen, you know?" Hudson had been devastated when her mother and her brother were found dead at their Chicago home in October last year.

On Oct. 24, 2008, Hudson's mother and brother were found shot to death in their Englewood home, and her 7-year-old nephew was found dead of gunshot wounds three days later. Hudson's estranged brother-in-law, William Balfour, has been charged with the murders.

The Oscar and Grammy winner also said she wants more children.

"I'd like to have at least one more, a little girl," she said.

"I want a girl and then maybe another one. You know, one baby at a time."

Next month, Hudson's holiday special, "I'll Be Home for Christmas," will air on ABC and feature locations from Hudson's childhood.

Check out the day's top celeb news photos.

The singer also tells Access that she finds the strength and inspiration to be a good parent when remembering her own mother, Darnell Donerson, who was tragically murdered along with Hudson's brother and nephew last year. (Hudson's estranged brother-in-law, William Balfour, has been charged with the killings.)

"[My mother] was the strongest person -- woman I've ever seen," says Hudson, adding that she "definitely" feels her mother's presence in her life. "Wherever, wherever. Every day, I'm like, 'Wow, I didn't realize I am so much like my mother until now."

Get more Us! Follow us on Twitter, Friend Us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment